This is it. The day Main St. vendors and workers have been waiting for since the excitment of the filming for "The Amazing Spiderman 2" wore off a while ago. Today marks the final day for downtown film shooting, car chases, NYPD cars dominating the scene and general chaos amongst the streets of our city. Here's the spots to avoid for Spidey's last day in our town:
Thursday, May 9, 2013 street closures (final day of filming)
• Main St. from South Ave to Scio St.
• East Ave. from Main St. to Scio St.
• Gibbs St.
• Swan St.
• Chestnut St from Euclid to Pleasant will be open intermittently to allow traffic to cross East Ave. and Main St.
• Vehicles will not be permitted.
• Pedestrians requiring access to buildings along this section of Main St. will be directed by Rochester police officers and/or film production company staff (who will wear identifiable credentials and be posted at intersections).
Thursday, May 9, 2013 local traffic only (final day of filming)
• Stone St. from Main St. to Broad St.
• S. Clinton Ave. from Main St. to Broad St.
• Franklin St. / Franklin Ct. from Pleasant St. to Main St.
• Liberty Pole Way from Pleasant St. to Franklin Ct.
• Achilles St.
• Euclid St. from Main St. to Chestnut St.
• Stillson St. from Chestnut to Main St.
• Vehicle and pedestrian access to buildings, parking lots and garages on these streets will be permitted.