America's birthday is upon us and nothing says happy birthday better than good ol' fireworks for the 4th. There's plenty to choose from:
Wednesday, July 3, 2013
Canandaigua/CMAC: Celebrate America with the RPO
- The Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra presents its annual Fourth of July concert at CMAC on Wednesday, July 3, 2013. Michael Butterman conducts. Kids 12 and under get in free for lawn seats! Fireworks round out the night on the hil above beautiful Canandaigua Lake.
- Ring of Fire: Every July 3, the residents of the lake participate in a tradition called the Ring of Fire, sponsored by the Conesus Lake Association. They light road flares all around the lake and shoot off fireworks. The festivities typically start at dusk, with approximately 10,000 flares lit by 10:00 PM. Visitors typically watch from Long Point Park on Rt 256 and Long Point Road.
- Wednesday, July 3 and Thursday, July 4 at the Town Hall Campus - 1280 Titus Ave. Parade starts at 11:00am on July 4th.
- Fireworks at the Farmington Town Hall on July 3rd at 9:30. There will be food venders and a band starting at 6:30.
Sodus Point: Fireworks at 9:30pm. For details, click here Two day event with a kiddie parade, 5k run, craft show, breakfast, and the Gap Mangione band.
Thursday, July 4, 2013
Greece, NY's Annual Independence Day Celebration: THE GREECE CELEBRATION IS CANCELED FOR 2013.
Town of Henrietta’s July 4th Celebration & Fireworks: Henrietta Senior Center will have their annual Craft and Garage Sale from 9am-2pm. Events will continue at the Veterans Memorial Park beginning at 4pm. Enjoy live bands, children’s games, activities and local food vendors! Top the night off with a spectacular fireworks display at 9:40pm.
- 5K Race and Pancake Breakfast at Twelve Corners and Brighton High School 8 am; Meridian Centre Park festivities beginning at 2 pm including rides, food and entertainment featuring The Skycoasters, and fireworks display; 700 Meridian Centre Road; www.townofbrighton.org
- Musical entertainment, refreshments, house tours, and a children’s parade on the lawn of the Morgan-Manning House Lawn 10am-3pm; 151 Main Street, Brockport; 585-637-3645
- Independence Day Parade, Festivities and Fireworks. Keep an eye for "The Mayor" in the Parade starting at 10am on Main St, followed by a picnic at Kershaw Park and fireworks at dusk.
- 23nd annual Chil-E Festival! 10am to 10pm. A daylong celebration, culminating with a spectacular fireworks display! Plenty of family friendly activities, including bounce houses, concerts, and displays of firetrucks. Parade at 5:00pm.
City of Rochester
- Concert by the RPO and fireworks spectacular at 10:00pm. Concert takes place on the Main St bridge and fireworks can be seen over High Falls.
- Firecracker 5 Race begins at 8:00am Parade begins at 10:00am Picnic in the Park from 12:0pm - 4:30pm
City of Rochester: July 4 Celebration and Fireworks
- Celebrate Independence Day with your family and friends at the City's July 4th Celebration. Enjoy fabulous fireworks over the downtown skies at 10 p.m.!
The rousing traditions that, early on, turned July 4 into America’s greatest national holiday, still flourish in this year’s grand celebration of Independence Day at Genesee Country Village & Museum. Pomp, music and merriment are all part of the day’s July 4 festivities, highlighted by the swearing in of new American citizens on the steps of the Town Hall. Ceremony begins at 11am.